Re: [NTLK] NewtChat Broken or Not?

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 13:34:30 PDT

David Deranian wrote:
> Hi All-
>
> Starting to feel like odd man out since no one is complaining that
> NewtChat is no longer working. I assume this group wasn't using it very
> much.

I know that about a month or two ago people started having problems with
it. I think that AOL changed their protocol again (they do this as they
don't want other AIM messages be able to use their system).

Now I don't use AOL so I can't say for certain but ICQ had the same
problem when the protocol was changed a few years back (sometimes the
older ICQ client worked other times it didn't or worked intermitiantly).

As for the Newtchat author, have you tried emailing him directly? He
might be out of the country as many people do go on long vacations in
the summer and don't check this list (and somtimes not even email).
Another posibility make sure when you email him you have "newtchat" in
the subject line as it may not be getting through due to SPAM filters if
you just have a "hi I have a problem" or some subject that spamers often
use.

-Dan