Re: [NTLK] NTK 1.6.4

From: Martin Howard (mvhoward_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 11:34:33 PDT

On Aug 8, 2004, at 07:05, Victor Rehorst wrote:

> Did you follow these instructions to install it?
>
> http://www.unna.org/unna/apple/development/NTK/macntk/readme.txt

The problem was that my computer has no serial port, so I needed the
little extension that fools the Classic environment into thinking it
has one. Kindly sent to me by another NTLK:er, muchas gracias.

However, I did not read those instructions. Why? Because they're not
under 'Development' at UNNA, they're under 'Apple'. If you go to UNNA
and do the logical thing, which is to go to 'Development', then
'NewtonDev', you find the NewtonDev files which, the README for those
suggests, include everything you could ever need to do development on
the Newton.

If you use the search function at UNNA and search for 'NTK', it returns
no hits. Zero. Nada.

In other words: for the person who does not already know UNNA, there is
no indication that (a) there are two NTK packages, and (b) the right
one lies under the 'Apple' tree.

M.