Re: [NTLK] Duo and Newton

From: James Elliott (james.elliott_at_newted.org)
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 09:48:09 PDT

That setup works fine. You can connect via a serial cable from the
Duo or Dock (or LocalTalk via serial) or via ethernet if you've an
ethernet card (or AAIU transceiver if you've a Duo Dock Plus) in the
Dock and an ethernet card in the Newt. If your Newt doesn't have
ethernet drivers on it, you'll need to use serial or LocalTalk first.
Here's what you'll need:
Serial dongle or SER-001 for the Newt
Newton Connection Utility for the Duo - you can download it from UNNA
http://www.unna.org/view.php?/apple/connection_utils/ForMac/NewtonConnectionUtilities
A Mini-DIN 8 serial cable

-James