[NTLK] Escale Functionality Question

From: Dave Bellamy (dave_bellamy_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 18:19:49 PDT

Hi All

Time for another dumb Newbie question!

I have just download and installed Escale 1.0.1 and it works great as a
package installer and also looks very nice to boot! However I noticed
in under 'Newton' there are options to 'import' and 'export' data. I
really want to be able to transfer NewtWorks files between the Newton
and my PowerBook and wondered if there was a way to do this using
Escale. Perhaps there are some extra bits of the software I need to
install to make the import/ export functions work? I have read through
the archives and also poured over the Escale documentation but there is
no mention of this functionality - it just talks about sync, package
install and using the keyboard. There is a lot of talk about DCL but to
be honest I don't really understand this very much. Is this a new
approach to connecting Newts to other computers rather than an actual
piece of software, with Escale being an example of this new approach?

I'm using it over serial at the moment but will be going over to WiFi
in a few days.

Apologies if this topic has already been covered, but any information
would be really appreciated.

Regards

Dave