[NTLK] Help needed removing card slots from 2x00 Motherboard

From: Chris Wright (soapytwist_at_macunlimited.net)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 03:20:58 PDT

Thanks for everyone offering to take the old motherboard off my hands. I
decided to donate it to be experimented on at the Newton Conference as I
think think it will benefit the community more that way.

I now have a problem though. The 2100 motherboard I bought is missing the
metal that ejects the cards from their slots. The plastic swivel joints have
also been broken off. I've tried swapping the complete plastic cages from my
old board, but I discovered that they seem to be glued to the PCB. Does
anyone have experience of removing the card slots complete, and can they let
me know how to do it? Can they just be 'scalpeled' off or is it more
involvedthan that? Frank Gruendel's disassembly page only goes as far a
removing the motherboard.______________________________________________This
email was sent online by macunlimited.netThe UK's mac dedicated service
provider