Re: [NTLK] Why not maximize your Newton experience?

From: Nicolas Krizan (nico_at_mbox309.swipnet.se)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 12:49:50 PDT

>Daniel Jones skrev:

>Maybe I'm stubborn about the things I like. Newtons & old Saabs. In my
>eyes, both are best of form with slight quirks that both endear & offer
>opportunity to overcome with knowledge.

Hi

Amazing! I'm not the only one in the world with that peculiar combination
of interests, then.

Although relatively new to the world of Newtons, when it comes to Saab
cars I wouldn't be surprised if I was conceived in one! Everyone in our
family, from grandmother to cousins, drove them when I grew up.
Grandfather was a salesman for a while, and my uncle worked most of his
life at the local reseller in my hometown. And I've almost always lived
in what might be considered »Saab Country« here in west Sweden, not far
from the main plant in Trollhättan.

These days I drive a 95 V4 from 1971. Nice car, though I must admit my
MP2000 seems extremely modern in comparison!

kind regards/nicolas

PS. Come to think of it, the original Saab 92 also has the greatest form
factor of them all. Beautiful but somewhat impractical, just like the OMP!

PPS. If anyone wants to learn more about old Saabs, check out
www.saabklubben.com where you can see (and hear!) the fabled twostroke
engines, among many other things! o=O=o