Re: [NTLK] Upgrading my MP2000 to a 2100

From: Chris Bonthron (c_bonthron_at_yahoo.ca)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 10:13:40 PDT

Success!

I now have a UMP2000 and a MP2000 in a 2100 case (that I'll be saving
for spare parts). Both fired up with no problems, in fact the data was
all still there. I never removed the ROM boards since I saw no reason
to since it was a complete transplant

I also want to say a special thanks to Frank Gruendel for his
www.pda-soft.de website with some great illustrated step-by-step
instructions on taking a 2X00 apart and reassembling it. I'm sure I
could have figured it out myself but it probably would have taken me 10
times longer and I would have broken a clip or yanked out a wire.

Thanks Frank.

Chris