Re: [NTLK] "Slapping your cells silly" {Battery treatment revisited}

From: Dan Fackler (eulenspgl_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 07:49:48 PDT

<<When you stop and think about it, it makes
perfect sense: a battery cell is just a bunch of chemicals with two metal
electrodes in it>>

I tried this with the battery from my Wallstreet PB which was down to about
2 hrs of use per charge. This morning, after charging all night(following a
short bout of slapping against the heel of my hand), the initial readign was
4:15! This dropped to 3:xx shortly after, but there appears to be some
improvement...

Perhaps the chemical interfaces inside the cells get 'scarred' for lack of a
better word and the impact realigns or exposes the chemicals to 'fresh'
surfaces. I've sent my son off to query his physics prof along these lines.

I'm off to pound the battery on the workbench...

Dan