Re: [NTLK] Slightly OT: Slamin' battery renewal

From: Alan Davis (mdawd_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 18:29:45 PDT

I had an old rebuilt battery that Batteries Plus did for me in 2002 that was
not holding a charge worth anything; figured I'd give it a go. Yesterday,
the battery would start discharging and be at 60-70% charge right after
taking it off the charger. Today it is still at 100% after almost an hour!
(BTW I did break the end off the battery where Batteries Plus had glued it
back on. Looks ugly, but it still works!). I'm starting to wonder if some of
these miraculous stories that you hear about people getting perfectly good
Newton batteries that were supposed to be dead shipped to them weren't just
rough handling by our wonderful and caring postal workers. ;-)

_____
    We trained hard- but it seemed that every time we began to form up into
teams, we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to
meet any new situation by reorganizing- and a wonderful method it can be for
creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency,
and demoralization.

                                             Petronius Arbiter
                                             210 B.C.