[NTLK] Lots of NewtonBooks are on the way!

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 13:05:31 PDT

Hello Everyone:

I have been using some of my spare time (between job interviews, etc.) to
beef up the library of existing NewtonBooks, using text source files from Project
Gutenberg. It is time-consuming, because each text file has to be
reformatted and in most cases, requires either a set of hyperlinks or a separate table
of contents. At some point, I will transfer these files to Paul for his new
Newton website (If you can't wait that long, send me an e-mail note, and I'll
expedite files to you). I am trying to include something for everyone,
regardless of location on the globe. Here are some examples of what I have been
working on (titles are approximate):

Exploration

"Explorations of the Colorado River and Grand Canyon" by John Wesley Powell
"Lewis and Clark's Narratives of their Exploration of the American West"
"Travels in Alaska" by John Muir
"Around the World on a Bicycle" by Thomas Stevens
"Travels in the Interior of Africa"
"South Pole: the Shackleton Expedition"

Ethnography

"Expeditions into the Interior of Southern Australia"
"Wild Wales: People, Language, Scenery"
"Ottawa and Chippewa Indians of Michigan: Their Language and History"
"Algonquin Legends"
"Sioux Legends"

Historical

"Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin"
"Four Great Americans: Washington, Franklin, Webster, Lincoln: A Book for
Young Americans"
"History of Modern Europe"
"Canadian History", volumes I and III
"Sir Francis Drake, Revisited"

Literature

"Edgar Allen Poe", volume I
"Ghost Stories of Ambrose Bierce"
"Last of the Mohicans", by James Fenimore Cooper
"The Gold Hunters", by James Curwood ( a fine Canadian Adventure writer)
"Celtic Literature: History and Criticism"

Technology

"Introduction to Unix"
"Big Dummy's Guide to the Internet"
"Zen and the Art of the Internet"
"Getting Gold: A Practical Treatise for Miners, Students, etc."

Miscellaneous

"Criminal Psychology - A Manual for Judges Students Etc."
"Liber-Umbrarum" {Wiccan manual of some sort}

I welcome comments and suggestions.

Matt K.