Re: [NTLK] New Acquisition on the Way

From: George B (georgeb1962_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 12:56:54 PDT

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:13:15 EDT, mkow1234_at_aol.com <mkow1234_at_aol.com> wrote:
> I was high bidder for a "damaged goods" Newton MP 2100 on eBay the other day.
> It's supposed to be an intact MP 2100 on which, "the display does not
> respond correctly to the stylus input"{sic.} I'm hoping that at best, it will only
> require some minor tweaking, or at worst, I'll be able to combine this Newton
> with the broken-screen MP (one of my spares) I have, to make one decent,
> working Newton. If all works out all right, I'll likely have a spare mother board,
> etc., available. I should know more in a week or so, when I get the
> MessagePad. I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up on this.

Hey Matt,

     I'd be particularly interested in how you go about working with
this "new" Newton of yours. I too have a Newton 2100 with a screen
that's stuck in the "Align Stylus" loop. Since I still have an
additional working spare Newton, I have not tried to tackle tinkering
with this one's screen yet. I have no experience beyond installing a
SER2000 (or whatever they're called) into my other Newton. Please keep
the list informed with how you go about making this Newton useful.

Thanks,

George