Re: [NTLK] OSX native Apps

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 12:38:28 PDT

On Apr 26, 2004, at 12:29 PM, David Neale wrote:
> I have been quite unable to get an Ethernet connection working from
> Classic under Panther. Exactly the problems you describe.
A hub or switch will usually make classics Appletalk connection much
more stable....
> I now use
> MacOS X applications to make a serial connection (the apps do not yet
> support other forms, it seems),
I just used escale a minute ago to install Eckharts new LPR driver via
Appletalk/Ethernet. Worked great, but I did have to quit escale between
packages.
> whilst awaiting a wireless PCMCIA card
> for the MessagePad in order to (hopefully) create a faster connection
> that way.
That works also.

I have LOTS of old macs, so I don't have that "can't boot into os 9"
issue :~)

Marty