Re: [NTLK] [OT] Apple, Macintosh, 3rd Parties, and Market Share

From: David Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 18:37:51 PDT

That isn't accurate. IEEE is essentially a certification group that
ratifies electrical standards. Everything they ratify gets the "IEEE"
stamp on it.

You made statements about FireWire and did not state that IEEE invented
it, which well, they did not. However, FireWire is an Apple name for
IEEE 1394.

Don't be so dense, the Parallel standard used for PC printers didn't
come out of the IEEE group and its IEEE 12somethingorother.

If you want a claim about its development go look at Apple's site from
2000, in their old press releases if they are still available online
its noted there in a PR that states Apple created it in partnership
with Lucent.

David