[NTLK] newton books larger than 2100 screen

From: Joseph Lax (josephlax_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 09:35:21 PDT

A couple of years ago I used Newton press to make simple newtonbooks of several graphics (without text) such as satellite views of the earth, and local highway maps cut and pasted from the web. I was able to view them on my 2100. As I recall, when the picture was larger than the screen, a directional picker would be displayedto scroll left – right – up – down.

Time has passed, I have not used these Newton books for a year or more. Now when I try and open the Newton books, I get a dialog box that states the book cannot be opened because it is larger than the screen. Changing screen orientation does not help. Moving from card to internal does not help.

Does anyone know what I am talking about, and have any idea what is up? Is it possible the oversize book relies on a utility package that I have unknowingly deleted from my Newton?

I’ve looked through some of my old notes, and cannot seem to find a solution. Maybe somebody can point me in the right direction?

Thanks…….Joe