Re: [NTLK] WiFi DHCP/DNS issue.

From: Andrei Chichak (acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 08:48:38 PDT

Chris,

A good observation, but not at all the point. The point was to see if 128
bit WEP worked while 40 bit WEP failed. Avoiding using WEP avoids the
gathering of knowledge about the problem.

For anybody that is interested, yes, the restriction of a network by using
MAC address based access does work and is highly desirable. Turning off
SSID broadcasts is a very good idea. Changing the SSID from the default is
a good idea. If you don't know what we are talking about and you have a
wireless network in place, please (for your own good) ask.

Andrei

At 09:31 AM 4/23/2004, you wrote:
>Well... Why use wep? I use MAC address based access...

Andrei