Re: [NTLK] Is my old PowerMac 6100 useful for Newton connectivity?

From: Konstantinos Xonis (Konstantinos.Xonis_at_physik.uni-giessen.de)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 06:46:29 PDT

MKow1234_at_aol.com said (D) k
> Hello everyone:
>
> I am wondering if it would be worthwhile to connect my Newton to this ancient
> workhorse. Would there be any advantages to this, as opposed to running the
> NCU to my PC desktop upstairs?

I would give it a try, it's not bad, to have a working alternative around, just in case...
You know... PeeCee... ;)

I bought myself two 6100s from Uni aeons ago, pushed them to 72MB MacOS 8.1, and
there they are, still having a place on my desk. I use them mainly to verify things
I think I have REd in NOS with the NCT.

> Did the PM 6100 come with an Ethernet card, or would I have to add one? [...]

It has Ethernet on board, but requires an AAUI, which would be hard to find.

> Should I just run the PowerMac 6100 over with my car?

No ! No ! No !!!! After all it's a Mac !!!

--
XAKChaos