Re: [NTLK] Quote of the day

From: Richard Kilpatrick (dmc12_at_btconnect.com)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 02:01:03 PDT

On 20 Apr 2004, at 02:01, Sushi wrote:

> I have a G4/933 running SETI as a screen saver.
>
> It does 1 WU in about 9 hours.

Is that a Unit? It's not an accurate test, because you get different
loads per unit. However, 9 hours seems like a hell of a long time. I
now can't remember what timescale it was to process what I'd taken as
being a unit, but I know that my G5 system (running a SETI which I'm
told isn't actually capable of threading, so only one CPU) was 4x
faster than my 733MHz G4...

I'll have to dig the article out. Maybe it was 13 hours for the 733,
and the G5 did 4 units in 13 hours, but I didn't think I'd leave my
machines alone long enough for that.

Richard

--
Tasty Other - Because Far Too Much in Life Makes Sense
Music for download - coming soon (RIP MP3.com)