[NTLK] Quote of the day

From: Andrei Chichak (acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 14:11:54 PDT

"Today, the fast processors operate at speeds of three gigahertz, but their
surroundings still work at speeds of hundreds of megahertz and, therefore,
don't succeed in exploiting their speeds," explained Amir Elstein, the
co-CEO of Intel Israel and director of Intel's Jerusalem facility. "When
the chips, the processor and the ports of the computer speak at the same
speed, which will be about 10 gigahertz, the computer's capability will be
totally different," he added.

So Intel, why do I have to "upgrade" my system?

I also understand that Intel is moving away from quoting the clock
frequency as a metric of system speed. Gosh, perhaps Apples won't be so
"slow" anymore.

Andrei