Re: [NTLK] What about swapping an eMate ROM board with one of a 2100?

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 06:44:00 PDT

Robert Benschop wrote:
>On 19-apr-04, at 11:47, mmedina_at_selena.com.fr wrote:
>> So, naively, I wonder if putting the ROM board of the 2100 into the
>> eMate would a) work, and b) add something (RAM?)
>
>I seem to remember that Stephanie Maks did this a long time ago.
>Might be on her page: http://www.felesmagus.com/newton/index.html
     Stephanie did do this. It doesn't turn the eMate into a 2100. what
you get is a rather fractured view on the screen ... the eMate defaults
to landscape and the 2100 to portrait so the screen is divided in half
and unusable. It also zaps the eMate back to OS 2.2.00. There's also the
prospect of things frying since this isn't a recommended procedure.

Peter