Re: [NTLK] eMate dark spot

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 00:29:38 PDT

On 19-apr-04, at 08:41, mmedina_at_selena.com.fr wrote:
> It CAN be fixed, and I'd say, it MUST. You WILL need some tools and
> some
> skills at precision mechanics, but it is feasible.
> Look there for the detailed instructions:
> http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_disassemble.html

Good and vital tip.
In the meantime you can drop some grease in the left hinge (seen from
the user perspective, next to the serial/interconnect port), if you
shine through the crack with a flashlight you can see the axel with the
ribbon around it.
The washer is a good mod but it should be done in conjunction with the
greasing and the grease is actually more important...

Robert Benschop