Re: [NTLK] Apple pen

From: Jonathan Ramos (imagraphicstudios_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 21:16:31 PDT

Hi Guys,
I'm a member of my local Mac user group for over 6 years now and I can
tell you that this pen is a promo/ad merchandise made espcially for
Apple. Every so often we get an Apple representative to come down and
tell us the latest and greatest at our monthly meetings. Other than
getting cool software and hardware to raffle off for our bigger events,
the Apple reps always had a couple of Apple merchandise for giveaways
and door prizes. I remember seeing this pen maybe around the same time
as the G4 Powerbook. There have been other cooler Apple merchandise
though. There's an Apple pen that has a hollow tube tht lights up like a
neon sign.

Actually, there's a lot of Apple promo merchandise that Apple gets made
by cool 3rd parties. I've seen watches made by Swatch and Tag Heuer.
There's also some rare Apple sneakers made by Reebok.

As for RedLightRunner.com, they are widely recognized as the place to
find rare and collectible Apple promo/ad merchandise.

Check out the rare Apple Picasso sign:
http://redlightrunner.com/rarmacpicdis.html

Check out the Newton cufflink/pins:
http://redlightrunner.com/rounnewlappi.html

Check out the jackets:
http://www.redlightrunner.com/browleatapva.html

Check out this rare Apple book - So Far: the First Ten Years.
http://redlightrunner.com/aptenanbook.html
This was only distributed to Apple employees at the time and signed on
the inside book jacket by everyone of them.

I think they can charge whatever they want for collectibles as long as
there is someone willing to pay for them. Their inventory changes on a
regular basis, there must be some "Mac fanatics" willing to pay for them.

Later,
Jonathan