Re: [NTLK] [OT] Virus attacks on NTLK/Newton-related mailaccounts

From: newton_at_the-monkey.net
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 00:13:51 PDT

> As you should but the funny thing is that Mac OS X currently has less
> viruses available for it than Classic Mac OS does.

Roughly none on OS X isn't it?

> > Anti-virus software is a pain in the proverbials on Mac OS 9 and has
> > caused me a lot of conflicts and inconveniences in the past. On
balance I
> > prefer to be cautious about whet gets into my machine in the first
place than
> > have an anti-virus program destabilise my machines. It has worked
> > for the last 20 years so I'll just keep being vigilant.
>
> Its equally horse on Windows which is a bit sad since they certainly
> have more practice refining that type of software.

Huh?

Sounds like rubbish to me, my antivirus program runs in the background,
updates automatically, scans automatically, watches all my incoming
email before it hits my inbox -- and didn't cost a cent. I've never had
a single problem with it.

I don't doubt that it's easy to find bad antivirus software, but your
assertion doesn't match my experience at all.

Regards,
       Morgan

--
Morgan Nichol     -     morgan_at_quirk.co.nz
09 6200 548       -     021 159 0736