Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Courier 1.1

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 10:28:57 PDT

In a previous message, Eckhart Köppen typed vigorously:

>Courier 1.1 has a now search functionality:
>
>http://40hz.org/Courier/
>
>Preconfigured search engines are Google, Yahoo, Dictionary
>(reference.com), Wikipedia, Newtontalk and IMDb, but others can be
>added easily. Searching is done by tapping the new search button.
>Should be pretty straightforward to use.

Nice addition, Eck.

Although I am getting the same error message that Doug reported. It seems
to occur only on the Google web results page, as I can tap the 'Images'
or 'Groups' links and navigate alright on those results pages.

I tried a search through Yahoo as well. The page took forever to load and
return control back to my Newton, and then BugTrap kicked back the
following error:

http://newton.splorp.com:8080/html/-72365934$1606.nsd

As a feature request, when entering a search term, it would be nice for
the 'Search' button to act like a default button when using a keyboard.

Thanks.

g.

Grant Hutchinson } Interface Considerations & Toys

Weblog } www.splorp.com
Newton } www.newted.org
Design } www.veer.com