Re: [NTLK] Mail V - photocard / photos in Names

From: Simon Bell (simonbell_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 03:40:52 PDT

On 17 Apr, 2004, at 8:16 am, James Nichols wrote:

> Along with the standard packages for Mail V I installed the
> photocard.pkg extension - which supplies a card style for Names that
> supports a mugshot, and a corresponding 'Photo' option under the add
> button.
>
> Problem is, I can't seem to figure out how to put a photo into here,
> I've tried importing vCards from Address Book in mac os 10.3, but the
> photo doesn't carry over to the Names entry.

On yer Newton, you drag an image (eg from a Works drawing) onto the
photo slip.

Photos SHOULD also get transferred from mailed vCards, BUT: prior to OS
X 10.3 (I think - may have been 10.2) the Address Book didn’t export
photos at all, and I'll admit this route hasn’t been tested since. It
has been tested with other sources. The problem now is that Mail V’s
vCard decoder needs to know the type of image it’s dealing with (GIF,
JPEG, etc).* Annoyingly, the Address Book doesn’t export this
information. I'll see what can be done about examining the photo data
to determine its format.

Simon

* BTW, you need to have the Image Stationery installed for this
decoding to work.