Re: [NTLK] [OT] Virus attacks on NTLK/Newton-related mailaccounts

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 10:48:14 PDT

DJ Vollkasko wrote:

> If you haven't updated your virus scanner within the last two weeks, do it
> now.

Given the amount of hassle they are, I never used one but that's the
wonderful thing about using 'obsolete' kit.

Newts, MacOS 9.2 and no modern MS software means the likelihood of a virus
is so small as to be not worth the trouble.

I see that Apple's market share is now down to 2.5% and take-up of Mac OS X
is just 40% of the installed base - what self-respecting virus creator is
going to bother having an impact on so few? ;-)

Joel.