Re: [NTLK] Direction

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 02:33:20 PDT

On 15-apr-04, at 15:19, Humphreys, David wrote:
> The results thus far of the poll I conducted yesterday reveal that a
> new ROM board has the majority vote. I am not sure
> if the people who contacted me directly also voted at newtontalk but
> the result is pretty clear - you want extra memory.

Which calls for the following question: what I understand from the
innards of the Newt and also explained here by David this extra memory
will only serve as storage, won't do any good for your Heap.
So why are we all choosing for extra memory? Understandable for an
eMate because it has only one slot, but for the 2x00? You can ad Flash
Memory up to 32 MB and ATA card at least up to 1 GB (!)

I don't want to complicate things here, but I get the feeling that some
people maybe voted without realizing that there's very little gain to
having extra internal memory in an 2x00.

Or maybe I'm just plain wrong but in that case I would like to be
convinced...

Robert Benschop