Re: [NTLK] internal Bluetooth module

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 09:41:55 PDT

On Apr 15, 2004, at 5:17 AM, Goodwin, Greg wrote:

> an internal Bluetooth module. Eckhart Koeppen successfully mounted a
> Taido Yuden module in his 2100 (see http://40hz.org/mottek/ , January
> and February posts), maybe this can be done without soldering?
>
> @> < --- > ------------------
>
> Oh wow! Now this is interesting! Yeh would like to hear more of
> this.
> Anyone using Bluetooth? What is required to get that to work on the
> Newton currently and how good is it?

I am playing with the ambicom bluetooth compact flash card along with
Eckharts outstanding software tools (blunt/ICVC/Nitro/Neo)...

This allows for Pairing with the PBG4 and transfers from my OSX
(10.3.3) based Powerbook via the Bluetooth file exchange (It's in the
Utilities folder).

This works great although it still needs some finishing touches
regarding items received on the Newt being recognized as what they
actually are(ie if you send a JPG it isn't openable).

Still I can BT text notes to the Mac from the Newt no problem(very
reliable (about 4k/s)).

Also it can be used to share your internet access with the Newt via a
"special" internet setup transport, and assuming your Mac/PC is
configured that way.

All in all quite promising and actually already useful.

Unfortunately, it doesn't currently work with my wifes SE T68i, so I
can't test the GPRS internet connection on Newt via Cell (yet).
Eckhart should be working on this fairly soon though...

Marty