Re: [NTLK] More questions!

From: josh musket (jmusket_at_nmu.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 13:50:28 PDT

Victor Rehorst wrote:

>josh musket wrote:
>

>>First: W/EEtransfer, can I use IR (I have a Thinkpad w/IR, Lose XP) to
>>transfer packages?
>>

>You don't need EEtransfer if you have a Windows laptop with Windows 2000 or
>XP. Install Neo/Nitro/IC/VC and use Windows' built-in IrOBEX support.
>
>I just wrote a quick and dirty Wiki page on this - someone please add to it:
>
>http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/IrDAConnection

Excellent! Thank you. That's the missing part of the equation - the 40hz
packages. I recently d/led them but haven't tried it. I will when I get
home. BTW, I recall that you can set XP drain to automatically open
irftp when another IR device is w/in range. BTW, are the package
recieved in such a way that you can load them as normally beamed (by
which I mean n2n beamed) packages can?

Also, does anyone have any idea about my second two questions?

Second: Does anyone remember the program for the Mac that converted
image files to a special type of book? The author was Japanese.

(I'd also like to say that these packages might have been able to have been read by mapper)

Third: Another Mac program - which synced with the Newt, andlet you use it as a
drawing pad, which needed to be registered to save the file properly (ie, as a drawing, as opposed to you just pressing shift-f4/f5). Anyone
remember what this is? Just curious. The first two are the really
important ones. (of which the first is answered, unless anyone has any tips or anything else to add).