Re: [NTLK] I just got my JK#PDA014! - Hello list !!

From: flying canoe (peter_at_flyingcanoe.com)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 16:35:36 PDT

on 14/04/2004 4:49 AM, NewtonMP - Paul Curtis at paul.curtis_at_newtonmp.com
wrote:

> I wanted to share this experience in light of the recent offers for the
> MP2100's in bulk and the New-in-Box MP2100's on e-Bay.

> I got it yesterday, and I think that this is a brand new Newton! There is
> not a scratch, a mark, a fingerprint or a blemish - nothing anywhere on this
> Message Pad. Even the hinge on the door is stiff. I can't believe how
> pristine this MP 2100 is! If it's not new, I wouldn't believe it.

Hello all

I have been lurking for the past month after having purchased the exact same
item as Paul. My 2100 arrived in exactly the same condition as Paul has
described.

I managed to pick up a 3com ethernet card and a Lucent 802.11b card locally
and am currently reading the archives and FAQ to learn about how to install
stuff.

At this stage I am using the newton as a basic PDA - contacts and diary. I
never managed to bond with a Palm and a laptop is just a bit too big to use
comfortably as I make my rounds.

regards

             * * * * * * * * *
             peter rhodes