Re: [NTLK] eMate 300 thread

From: Mike Burrell (mburrell_at_stny.rr.com)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 08:11:42 PDT

> While the extras folder is open you should be able to move from icon to
> icon with the four arrow keys on the lower right side of the keyboard.
> On the first down key press you will see the top left icon 'highlight'.

Funny, on the fully functioning emate I have I can do that but not on this
one. Which would lead me to think that maybe the arrow keys are also
affected, however, when I type a message on the screen I can use the arrow
keys to move the cursor around within the text.

> Enough to accomplish what you need for basic use but you will have
> problems in selecting some choices in dialog windows that can be done
> only with the stylus.

It would seem that someone might create some sort of package that would
allow this to be done. I mean, with all the broken eMates around I would
think it would be a very valuable addition.

I've got another question... I hear that some emates have a 2mb upgrade. How
can I tell if either of these have been upgraded?
Thanks for all your help.
Mike