[NTLK] printing from a newton via a linux box

From: Adam Short (ajs_at_orinoco.homelinux.org)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 02:17:19 PDT

I tried to set up an appletalk share for my printer the other day, using
netatalk on a linux box. In theory this should work fine. nbplkup shows
that the box is sharing the printer via appletalk, but the newton (emate
300) doesn't see it. Has anyone else tried this? I followed a howto to
get netatalk working and all seems fine at the linux end. My girlfriend
is bringing a real mac up to test the appletalk implementation later in
the week, but I can't see anything from the newt. If someone who's done
it could give me a quick walkthrough, just to make sure I've done it
right, that would be great.

--
Adam Short - ajs at orinoco dot homelinux dot org