Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 & 2000 (updated to 2100)

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Sun Apr 11 2004 - 01:29:13 PDT

On 10-apr-04, at 00:06, Anderson, Brett P. wrote:
> I am not sure of the price they will be selling them for, but they
> might only be around $50 a piece (just not sure if that includes
> peripherals or what so don't quote me on it).
> As I know more I will post it here, but in the meantime let me know
> what you all think.

Hello Brett,

as you can tell there's quite a bit of interest for this offer, as was
to be expected.

A few questions/remarks though: from your posting I understood that you
were interested in bulk sales mostly, but the price seems quite high
for a bulk sale.

In case that you would consider sales to people directly you could
probably sell quite some of your inventory, if not all, in a short
period of time saving the time and hassle of the eBay auctions.
After all, the reactions on the list so far indicate quite a bit of
interest.

In my view the price offered in bulk sale would be very suitable if you
would sell them to individual members in a reasonable amount of time.
If the price would go up too much I think you would loose the
attraction of cutting enough under the price of GEM Enterprises and J&K
Sales, Inc.

Robert Benschop