Re: [NTLK] Newton as a Cellphone.

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Sat Apr 10 2004 - 01:47:08 PDT

Joe
This has been looked at before. I had a look at the Novamedia PC card phone
and the script Roman Pixell wrote but decided against getting it because it
would be reliant on an ear-bud phone-mic connected to the Newt with a cord.

I just thought that this would be too cumbersome. In the end, I would only
use it for faxing/emailing. Insufficient to justify the purchase. Now, if
they did a Bluetooth enabled version that allowed you to speak/respond to
calls via a Bluetooth headphone mic then we might be in business!

It would be a nontrivial exercise to integrate a cellphone PC card to the
Newton's microphone and speaker.

Cheers
Tony
Christchurch