Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 & 2000 (updated to 2100)

From: josh musket (jmusket_at_nmu.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 20:39:27 PDT

> Currently, we are looking to either
> find those who are interested in a bulk purchase (not of all 1,400) or to
> auction them off on e-bay. I would be curious of anyone on this list, or
> anyone all of you might know, that would be interested in a bulk purchase.
> If so, let me know what you think you would like quantity wise.

Well, my take on it is - look at the pricing of the J&K auctions. Alos, I'd really love it if you took individual item photos, as opposed to using stock pics. $50 is a decent price with peripherals. But you must realize, there are some people (like myself), hwo don't want:

> 4mb flash cards, modems

They just want a basic unit. Peripherals like this just make shipping cost more. Batteries are good to have, plus screen covers if possible. You also might want to look into selling the non-usable units in small lots, as some people will buy them for parts or novelty. I'd definately start those off in the single dollar digit range. Speaking of starting prices, most auctions seem to do better if they start low, as people will be more inclined to bid - hence, a higher ending price than those that start high.