Re: [NTLK] 2 slot PCMCIA eMate?

From: Tyler Smith (spam_at_fenestrated.net)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 09:51:47 PDT

>Nice Idea, but I really don't think it will work. The controler in the eMate
>is only designed to have one card attached to it, and unless you want to do
>some serious hardware hacking, if it's possible, it could get very
>time-consuming.
>
>If you want 2 PCMCIA slots and like th eMate form-factor you should maybe
>look into hacking a 2x00 into the emate case.

Actually, the eMate uses the same Voyager chipset as the MP2x00, so
it should be possible to hack a second pcmcia controller into it...
though the easiest way would likely involve a dead 2x00 mainboard to
remove parts from.

Plus, you'd have to mount it without using really long leads that
would damage the signal... maybe an internal CF or PCMCIA slot that
you had to disassemble the eMate to get to?

Tyler