[NTLK] Woody's stolen Newton

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 12:01:16 PDT

>Last week I lost my 130 with 120 display and my eMate with PCBmans
>memory upgrade through the smashed window while parked at my shop in
>N.E. Minneapolis

Sorry to hear this, Woody. Might come in handy that I am a dedicated
fan of tracing Newtons that left my workbench. If the Newton 130
that was stolen from the car was the one I prepared for you, you
might want to update the police with the following info:

1) It has a MP120 screen (no antireflective coating)

2) The sticker in the battery compartment says IV6350106B5

3) If you remove the bottom part of the case and the ROM board,
   you will see a sticker that says FG-130-0010-1203. Of course
   the hardware section of the site in the signature will tell you
   how to get at the ROM board.

Please spread this info, dear list members, provided that the stolen
Newton is in fact the one I gruendelized (tm) (I like this term...)
which I would ask Woody to confirm to the list as soon as possible.
If it is, it won't hurt to paste this message into a new Newton
note to have it with you whenever you find a 130 for sale...

Sorry that I didn't post this earlier, I just returned from vacation
and am currently wading through NewtonTalk since March 15.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de