Re: [NTLK] Multiple format etext sources; pages for Newton ebook- and raw etext-libraries at the Wiki (was Re: NewtonBook creation)

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 11:17:26 PDT

WELL it wouldnt have to have anything more than say the newtwikki. we could post what has been added and what is on the list to be created. sorta like when you go to blockbuster and it has the name of the movie and the day and/or month of its release. and im thinking that if it is a concerted effort of a few folks on the list then we could do it thru offlist emails and only send updates to the list when there are a set number of new books added. and i do remember your xmas blitz of books, well done. so now that most of the folks know that it can be done the few of us that arent scared to do it shoud get the ball rolling and start making more. im sure everyone has their own reasons why they cant or wont so we wont make them feel bad about not being part of it, but they can always join in later when they feel comfortable enough to do so. the only reason i didnt jump on the band wagon in december with you was because i had no internet at home until recently (been movin a
 nd
 relocating, dont ask). but i do now and im ready to see this happen so i guess i need to create a newtwikki page and get this party rolling. anyone who wants to help in any way feel free to contact me offlist and we'll discuss this more.

LAG

DJ Vollkasko <DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net> wrote:

I'm all for a concerted, coordinated effort to collectively get the numbers
of freely distributeable books up by significant numbers and would like to
strongly encourage and support such an effort, in the hope to get hold of a
Newton again within a couple of weeks (or get mine repaired - paging Frank
G. ... ;=} ) and profit from any such activities myself. It's just I won't
be able to contribute much sweat equity for the time being.

Anyhow, what such a coordinated effort would need would be a website/medium
outside of NTLK where the titles could be divided up and you could
coordinate hitting one book site after another, and a DIY publication
medium, like the new UNNA but significantly faster in release speed.

Don't know if above mumblings any useful or even coherent, sorry, I'm a bit
in a hurry right now.

DJV.

P.S.: Least thing anybody can do is contribute Newton Libraries and Etext
Sources to the Wiki. Git to it, honeys!