Re: [NTLK] Newton Press and Project Gutenberg

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Sat Apr 03 2004 - 06:26:38 PST

For Project Gutenberg books I use the "find and replace" & "replace
all" features most word processors have.
Most true paragraph changes have double carriage returns(CR) and the
line breaks have one, so I replace all double CRs with zzzzz. I then
replace all single CRs with a space. Now replace all zzzzz with a
double CR and you should be close to ready for newton press.
For many books I find it also helpful to use the spell check before
going to Newton Press. I do my final editing as I create the Table of
contents because the page advance in NP is slow enough to allow
scanning for weird characters or unusual line breaks.

Woody