Re: [NTLK] Connecting

From: Robert Velarde (mindtopaper_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 08:19:50 PDT

> Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:07:52 -0600
> From: Sean Kearney <sean_at_invisiblelearning.com>
> have the original serial cables with dongle and a keyspan
> serial-to-usb
> adapter (with drivers installed) but have no clue about how
> to connect
> to my iMac running OS 9.2.

Sean, welcome to the list! I have a keyspan adapter and it works fine
with my PowerMac G4 Quicksilver and with my Titanium PowerBook. I reboot
into OS 9.2 in order to connect. However, I have a Tangerine iMac 266
and I've had no luck getting the keyspan adapter to work with that
system and a Newton. Not sure what kind of iMac you are using, but that
*may* be the problem. If you have a newer iMac, such as one of the
flatscreen models, then I think you should be able to get the keyspan to
work. Also, I have a vague memory of keyspan warning users not to
install drivers for both OS 9 and OS X--it's either one or the other.

Hope this helps,

Robert Velarde

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html