Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V3 #511

From: Mick Ring (lists_at_rynosoft.com)
Date: Sun Sep 28 2003 - 00:40:28 PDT

on 9/26/03 10:37, Ronsilvar at Ronsilvar_at_husky-net.net wrote:

> Not to be schmuck, I never did receive an answer to my private inquiry to
> you asking where these other Newton are going to.

Ron, I did not reply because I missed the part at the end of your message
asking where the remaining Newtons were going. I apologize for that.

> So, I'll air it to the
> general forum. If these are going to "needy individuals and organizations" I
> think, and I could be wrong here, These Newtons are the wrong thing for a
> "needy person or organization". [snip]

I disagree with several things you say here. The other Newtons are complete
and require no further investment. They are just like buying a new one out
of the box 5 years ago. They are ready to use. I used mine for years without
spending any money on it.

Secondly, MacRenewal DOES provide computers for needy individuals and
organizations. That is their main purpose but they received these Newtons as
a donation from a corporation which shall remain unnamed.

Having said those things, I cannot tell you what will happen to the
remaining Newtons because I don't know. I'm not in charge of that end of
organization and I didn't ask what would happen to those units. My main
function is to prepare computers for use and I happened to know how to get
the Newtons ready. I didn't think the battery-less Newtons would be useful
to anyone except people who already own a Newton, so I offered them to the
list.

BTW, I did not catch this message until I saw several replies to it. You
really need to put something besides "Digest..." in the subject line. I
suspect I'm not the only one who skips over alot of messages on this list
based on the subject line.

-Mick

--
Sigs with a message suck!