Re: [NTLK] Great Deals.. (was NTLK)

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Sep 27 2003 - 01:06:58 PDT

Jim Witte <jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us> wrote:

> Wow. (But I wonder how much the ink costs these days..) I was just
> using my new $99 HP C42UX inkjet, which is noisy as hell..

If I recall correctly, the all black cartridge goes for $29. Not sure
about the color cartridges, but less than $10, I believe.

> A Stylewriter would be nice - although it might be tough to
> hook up to OSX.

I'm not using OSX (stupid economy); just an iMac and a Keyspan
adapter, so I can't really say. But I think when I finally do make
the transition, I'll still have to run Classic, since I will be
somewhat slow about upgrading the software. :o)

.... and, speaking of deals, I once bought an Apple Personal
LaserWriter at Goodwill for $25; still works, though it is deadly slow
and doesn't seem to like to print .pdfs.

I keep stopping by there, in the hopes that I can find an eMate in the
toy section going for $10, or perhaps something similar to David's
$7.50 2100 -- not to mention the occasional $.50 Uncola glasses.

Now, if I could just get the family to not put butter knives into the
glasses and leave them in the sink, where they invariably get broken

> Jim

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html