Re: [NTLK] Great Deals.. (was NTLK)

From: Scotty Technoir (tick0001_at_algonquincollege.com)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 10:53:39 PDT

On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 09:56 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> on 26/09/03 02:47, Jim Witte at jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us wrote:
>
>> Wow. (But I wonder how much the ink costs these days..) I was just
>> using my new
>> $99 HP C42UX inkjet, which is noisy as hell.. A Stylewriter would be
>> nice - although it might be tough to hook up to OSX.
>
> Unless there are some GimpPrint (?) drivers, you're out of luck.
>
> -Laurent.

i am pretty sure that the C42 is an Epson printer. if it is an Epson,
and anything like my Stylus 580, it _sure is_ noisy! i hate that about
it.
OS X can indeed print to a StyleWriter, but it not exactly a snap. i
have a shell script for it [my beige G3 has the serial port], but i
normally keep the stylewriter on the side exclusively for newton
printing.

oh and if we are talking about good deals, i got my 20" Apple Multiscan
for $20 CDN!! :P

st

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html