Re: [NTLK] Potential Battery Rebuilder found

From: Ravindra Mohabeer (mohabeer_at_yorku.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 15:03:50 PDT

>> The price they quoted...~ $30 cdn (works out to about $20/$22 USD)
>> including
>> parts and labour. They said it would take about a couple of days
>> depending
>> on their workload.
>
> Now *this* is good news. (Of course, now we'll undoubtedly start to see
> rebuilt battery packs turn up on eBay for twice that price...)
>
> BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net
Hi,

I took the battery pack in today. I'm supposed to pick it up next Tuesday.
He stuck to his quote (thus far) and seemed like a legit businessman. I'll
let you know how it works out next week.

BTW, they have a website with a price quote form and a 1-800 number. I
can't remember the URL but look it up in google under the name Battery Boy -
there's one in Saskatoon and one in Mississauga which is as far down as I
got on the page since Mississauga is a modest drive away for me. There might
be more and they might not even be related. I told him that if this works,
there might be others interested in a refurb...he half smiled under the
guise of being too busy to care.

Ravi
-------
Ravindra N. Mohabeer