Re: [NTLK] URGENT: DO NOT BUY THIS

From: Paul Braun (splendor_at_ctgonline.org)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 14:41:06 PDT

On 22 Sep 2003 at 17:28, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> I fully agree that this isn't fair and seems to be a ripoff. But,
> since we're talking about copy and ripoff, isn't Windows the biggest
> ripoff of all? And a successful one at that?
>
> -Laurent.

Well, yes, it is, and I fully agree with you, but since my Nomex
jammies were at the cleaners, I wasn't up to opening up that
flamefest.....

Redmond is one of the worst offenders in the "I won't buy your
product, but I'm happy to steal it, relabel it, and sell it as my
own, thereby putting you out of business and what are you going to do
about it now, little coder boy?" school of business.

But I'm not the one to start that thread... ;o)

Paul Braun WD9GCO
2102 Yorktowne Dr
Valparaiso, IN 46383
splendor_at_ctgonline.org

"A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog
without a bunch of bricks tied to its head."

Quote from Microsoft Programmers' Guide: "If it ain't broke,
it needs more 'features'."

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html