Re: [NTLK] URGENT: DO NOT BUY THIS.

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 10:34:08 PDT

Trevor Birch wrote:
> I bought one of Ferdi's upgraded machines and one of your SER-001
> conversions.

So does it work well? Not that I want to encourage anybody to buy this,
I'm far from condoning rip-offs especially within this community, just
curious.

> Ferdi's serial port is black and blends in better with the Newton and
> the design is slightly different.

Blends in better with the Newton? Cosmetically? I hope you don't mean
that, first of all it's behind a little door for starters and a
permanent marker would take card of your color 'problem' within seconds.

Apart from this I'm quite appalled that Ferdi is doing this and would
like second David's appeal for giving him the cold shoulder.

Please note that I've often defended Ferdi in the past and not very
quick to pass judgments, he just went way too far here in my book.

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html