Re: [NTLK] Printijg from your Newton

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2003 - 14:45:43 PDT

On Sunday 21 September 2003 20:40, Robert Benschop wrote:

Just one more to add:

Newton 2100 -> ethernet -> Linux desktop -> GhostScript -> HP LaserJet 4
(PostScript output quality)

The details are on the Newton and Linux mini-Howto:

http://misf67.cern.ch/~reinhold/Newton/Newton_and_Linux-mini-HOWTO.html

One caveat: I've been trying to get it working on a Mandrake 9.1
distribution, but as yet without success. New Linux distributions install
CUPS as the default printing system, while the howto seems to be set up
for the older lpd printing daemon. CUPS has an lp emulation facility, but
I might have hit upon a small snag in it. Still, on SuSE 7.2 it works like
a charm.

--
Karel Jansens.
Don't send me HTML-based e-mails, my mail program is set up to ignore them.