Re: [NTLK] New virus making rounds

From: Paul Braun (splendor_at_ctgonline.org)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 06:57:19 PDT

On 19 Sep 2003 at 8:49, John M Powell wrote:

> Hey gang... most of us are probably smart enough not
> to fall for it, but FYI, there is a new virus out that
> looks like a patch from Microsoft. DO NOT INSTALL. It
> is indeed a virus.

Yeah.... started getting bombarded with it yesterday afternoon.
Checked my mail on this account this morning, and between 11pm
last night and 9am today I got 149 emails, of which 126 were all
variations on this theme, all with 150k attachments.

Makes me glad I run Pegasus Mail. Also makes me glad that I have
a webmail interface on my server so I can go in and clean all that
crap out while I'm here on the T1 at work so I don't waste an hour
downloading all that garbage at home on the dialup....

Somebody, somewhere, needs to die an excruciatingly painful
death....

Paul Braun WD9GCO
2102 Yorktowne Dr
Valparaiso, IN 46383
splendor_at_ctgonline.org

"A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog
without a bunch of bricks tied to its head."

Quote from Microsoft Programmers' Guide: "If it ain't broke,
it needs more 'features'."

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html