Re: [NTLK] My thrill for the day

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 13:36:36 PDT

Jim Siburt <jsiburt_at_mac.com> wrote:

(*snip*)

> Today I visited Grant Hutchinson's blog and was amused and
entertained.
> But it was the Newt server and seeing the screen that sent chills
down
> my spine and invoked Newton envy. I realize now that what I really
want
> is a 2100 but I have grown to love my little eMate in these very
short
> weeks of romance.

(Mildly pornographic description of Jim's eMate *snipped*) :o)

> But I digress. I saw the raw power of the 2100, the richness of the
> icons, and yes the dock stretching down the left side of the screen
and
> knew I must have one! So I wait and wonder how to accomplish this
> without crushing the heart of my little green eMate.

It's easy ...! Just Do It(tm). Buy the 2100, transfer the data from
your eMate via NCU (or for an even better (albeit slower) thrill, via
IR), and keep the two machines up-to-date on everything (meetings,
phone numbers, etc.).

When you need to take notes in a meeting, take your eMate. When you
need to impress some Palm-wielding, Newton-hating twit, bring your
2100; ensure Macintalk is installed, and write something like "Your
Palm sucks," and have your 2100 say it aloud. If you can get it to
laugh convincingly afterwards -- you know; something like,
"Mu-hu-hu-ha-ha-ha!" -- even better. :o)

> She's not that little but don't tell her I said that. I kind of like
> her voluptuousness.

Ah, if only the Business eMate had been developed ... think of it:
eMate form factor, 2100 guts ...! You can read (a little) about it by
plugging this URL --

http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/7744/emate1k.html

-- into the appropriate spot at this URL:

http://web.archive.org

Also, you might want to plug this URL in there:

http://www.pelagius.com/AppleRecon/anti_gravity.html

Enjoy ....

> Jim Siburt

--gdw