Re: [NTLK] Copying NIE pkgs to Card

From: Michael Sciascia (msciascia_at_poc.it)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 13:55:46 PDT

On 16.09.2003 22:16 L A GREEN wrote:

>OK ill take a shot at this. since u want to put them on the card for a
>fellow lister they dont need to be activated on the card. when u get
>that error it just means that the newer installed pkg wont activate,
>basically leaving it frozen. so all u have to do is add them to the
>card, verify that they are on the card and then give the card to the
>user. they will activate when he puts them into his newton since he
>obviosly doesnt have them yet.
>hth

I tried but there were some packages, especially Newton Device, that
refused to be installed in the card if already present on the internal
store.

Anyway I want to let you know that I have been able to complete the
transfer process of all the packages and now the card is ready to be
sent, even if it has been a bit tricky :-)
As suggested by Victor I transferred all the packages from my internal
store to a CF card, then installed again the packages to the other card
(believe is a flash card).
However when I inserted the Compact Flash to put back my packages in the
Newton it hasn’t been recognized :-o!

So I installed the NIE packages from the Performa to the Newton, but now
my wireless card isn’t recognized anymore...
I am sure I installed again all the packages and, anyway, I didn’t touch
the wavelan one :-/
Tomorrow I will check again and try...

I wanted to thank you all for the “real time” support..simply great!!!

Regards,
Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html