[NTLK] Writing wireless driver for Prism chipset

From: Jim Siburt (jsiburt_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 08:25:04 PDT

As I posted recently I purchased a wireless card to use with my eMate.
The card is a Proxim 80211b OEM which sells for new through Tigerdirect
  for $14. Not to bad of a price but the problem is I don't think a
driver exists for the Newton. It is using a Prism chipset which is one
of the chipsets listed for Hirochi's driver that might work, but it
doesn't.

I would be willing to write the driver package or update an existing
one if someone could nudge me in the right direction. Since these are
on the market and are fairly inexpensive it would be worth the time for
future wireless users. If I am really missing something please stop my
mad rambling. : )

Regards
Jim Siburt
New Media Design